January 28, 2008

One poke over the lion.



Not that I'm saying, punkin, that you should be a lion tamer. Or a zookeeper. You don't have to live up to any paternal expectations where your choice of career is concerned. I know that my mum (your grammy) always said that she just wanted me to be happy. Naturlich, that is almost exactly as infuriating as it sounds, particularly where one is asking for advice, but it turned out, as with many things your various grandparents (see also: step grandparents, grand step parents, great grandparents, great grand step parents, great step grandparents etc) said to me over the course of my 34 years on this planet, to make much more sense when I got older.

Not that, you should understand, that I'm saying you don't understand stuff until you're ancient like me. Certainly, you understand a great many things. Like, frinstance, that one shouldn't get this close to a lioness unless a) she's asleep and b) there's about 3 feet of perspex between you and her.

Love you,

thanks for the card, and the whizzbang cordless screwdriver

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

Woah! You're back! And just as I was thinking about whether I should remove you from my RSS list. Good to see that punkin is doing well :-)

Kathy said...

I have this exact shot with my girl that's the same age as your Bram (and her older sister). Ain't Werribee Zoo grand!

Good to see you back ... all well?