January 20, 2006

What do you get when you multiply 6 by 9?


P1070430
Originally uploaded by billyjoebob.
It's been hot here this week, punkin. This photo was taken on the way up to the wedding in the country, but the fact stands that it's very very warm.

It was 35 yesterday, and it's 35 again today. The weekend's not going to cool down any, and our planned picnic on Sunday has had to be moved to an indoor setting so as to avoid the likely !! 41 !! degree heat.

It's tough when it's hot, I wish I could tell you that it's going to cool down soon, or that I'm sorry our house isn't cooler (the Kazakhstani airconditioner can only cool an area of roughly 2x2 feet directly in front of it).

Usually, when there's a super hot day, you can look forward to a cool change rolling through in the evening, bringing respite, rain and a cool breeze. Last night, instead, we got a thunderstorm at 4am, that woke everyone in the house up (including the dogs), but didn't actually involve a southerly change, so the wind was still strong and hot. Opening the windows for a moment when I got up to tell the dogs that the house wasn't going to blow up, all I got for my efforts was a spray of water, a flash of light and a hot breeze.

Naturally, you were unsettled, but nonetheless decided to adhere strictly to your 630am wakeup call (actually MY 630am wakeup call), which involves standing up in your cot and yelling until I come and get you. Then you get to come and hang out in the big bed and have some breakfast, a fact that this morning you decided to commemorate by, immediately after you had finished, clambering onto your sleeping father's head and sinking your new teeth directly into his ear.

I knew that you were very clever, but I didn't know you were clever enough to read the alarm clock and know that it was time for me to get up and go to work.


Love you.

No comments: